Pathfinder (Multi Academy Trust)
The Pathfinder Multi Academy Trust
We are delighted to be one of the founder members of the Pathfinder Multi Academy Trust formed in August 2016. An overview of the new Trust is included below but full details can be found on the MAT website, accessible via the following link:
The Pathfinder Multi Academy Trust is a well-led and well organised Trust with a strong reputation throughout the local community. Formed in August 2016 by Archbishop Holgate's Secondary School and Badger Hill, Hempland and Heworth Primary Schools the MAT is an inclusive partnership of like-minded Church and Community Schools, underpinned by a shared vision, common values and a commitment to providing outstanding education to all the young people we serve.
The MAT is committed to securing high standards of care, learning and achievement and critically has the leadership experience and capacity (both within the MAT and associated Teaching School) to ensure that over time all schools are good or better. Leadership at all levels is relentless in the pursuit of excellence and their commitment to raise standards across all schools.
All children should be able to go to a ‘good or better’ school and as such the MAT is committed to working with schools that need support to improve rapidly. In its capacity as a Sponsor, the MAT has already demonstrated strong and substantial leadership capacity in bringing about effective school improvement. This led to St Lawrence’s Primary School being the fifth school to join the Trust in January 2017.
This exciting opportunity has allowed us to work more closely than ever as a collaborative partnership of schools to further raise aspirations, progress, and achievement - in its widest sense - for pupils at our schools. Indeed we are delighted that during the course of this Tang Hall and Clifton with Rawcliffe Primary Schools have also joined the Trust with New Earswick Primary School joining in a Sponsored capacity in September.
As such the MAT will be comprised of 8 schools in September 2017, the result of clear strategic planning designed to ensure the necessary leadership capacity to fulfil the responsibility of the MAT as an effective sponsor. There is also a clear strategic plan in place to grow to 15 schools with demand to join the Trust well in excess of this, the result of the excellent reputation that has developed.
An inclusive partnership of like-minded Church and Community schools underpinned by a shared vision, common values and a commitment to providing an outstanding and holistic education to all the young people we serve
- Working collaboratively as a family of schools to celebrate and nurture both the similarities and distinctiveness of each school’s individual ethos and values
- Ensuring that all young people and their families are known, valued and cared for as individuals
- Celebrating the uniqueness of all pupils, and through outstanding pastoral care, academic challenge and inspirational teaching supporting each child to flourish, succeed and make a positive contribution to the communities they serve
- Developing outstanding leadership at all levels that delivers maximum achievement whilst supporting and developing the vision and values that underpin all we do
- Generating positive and challenging learning environments which allow staff to grow and flourish through excellent professional development
- Providing and nurturing the ethos in which children learn by example and grow spiritually, morally and socially to understand the uniqueness and diversity of communities, faiths and cultures – locally, nationally and internationally
- Partnering with other schools, educational institutions and the Church of England to ensure we provide an outstanding education from pre-school to post 16