KS5 Results 2015
Over the past five years we have been delighted to be consistently ranked in the top 10% of schools nationally for student achievement and this pattern of outstanding performance has continued in 2015 with our best results yet. We are incredibly proud of the efforts of all our students with the following Year 13 headlines contributing to a RECORD YEAR of results:
100% A Level and Level 3 BTEC pass rate – every student in every subject achieved
95% of students achieved at least one grade A*-B or equivalent
75% of all entries were graded at A*-B or equivalent
48% of all entries (almost half) were graded at A*-A or equivalent
The average UCAS point score entry surpassed last year’s record figure of 433 to 446
Head teacher, Andrew Daly, said: "Archbishop Holgate's School is once again celebrating record breaking results. These results are outstanding, with a 100% pass rate, 95% of students achieving at least one grade A*- B or equivalent and 75% of entries graded at A*- B or equivalent. Surpassing lasts year remarkable record UCAS average point score, the vast majority of students have secured places at their first choice university. We are very pleased to see that the commitment and hard work of our students has been rewarded with another set of excellent results, and are incredibly proud of all our students."
I firmly believe results like this are only possible due to the commitment of students and staff who, with the support of parents have created such a positive climate for learning. Our sixth formers have enthusiastically risen to the challenge of the last seven years, fully embracing all the opportunities presented to them, significantly contributing to our vibrant school community. We wish them all the very best for their futures."
Mr Daly added: "With a clear track record of outstanding results, a broad curriculum and outstanding teaching, Archbishop Holgate’s Sixth Form is firmly established as an outstanding provider of Post 16 education - both locally and nationally."
Mr Green-Harding, Head of Sixth Form said "We are delighted for our Year 13 students, who have been an asset to the school and the wider community - embodying the school’s values throughout their time with us. It has been a privilege and a pleasure to teach such a wonderful group of young people, who will be greatly missed. We wish them all the best and look forward to hearing about their future successes."
At Archbishop Holgate’s School the Head of Year 13 Mr Skelton said “We are absolutely thrilled with our best ever Year 13 results. All of the students’ hard work and dedication has paid off and it has been a real honour supporting and getting to know each and every one of them. We thank them for their immeasurable contribution to our school which has had a real impact on the growth and development of the school community.”
- Anna Walters – A* in Biology, Chemistry, History and A in Maths. She is moving on to The University of Birmingham to study Medicine.
- Adam Fisher - A* in Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Extended Project and A in Further Maths. He is moving on to The University of Durham to study Physics.
- Kate Downing - A* in English Literature, Extended Project and A in History, Maths and B in French. She is moving on to Kings College in London to study Law.
- Josh Benson – A in English, Media Studies, Psychology and Theatre Studies. He is moving on to self-employment within the entertainment industry.
- Robert Lowe - A* in Geography and A in History, Government and Politics and English Literature. He is moving on to The University of Bristol to study History
Mixed Curriculum students
- William Sturdy – A in Physics, Maths, Chemistry, C in Extended Project and Distinction* in Engineering. He is moving on Newcastle University to study Civil and Structural Engineering.
- Abigaiil Coulson – A in Sociology and Chemistry; a B in Maths and a Distinction* in ICT. She is moving on to The University of York To study Chemistry.
- Deane Redfern - Distinction * Distinction * in Business and Distinction* in IT. He is moving on to The University of York to study Business and Management.
- Matthew Heels - Distinction * Distinction * in Business and Distinction * Distinction * in Sport Science. He is moving on an apprenticeship in Accountancy.
- Darren Harris - Distinction * Distinction * in Public Services and Distinction * Distinction * in Sport Science. He is moving on to work in the leisure industry.
- Sudus Osman - Distinction * Distinction * in Business and Distinction * Distinction * in Public Services. She is moving on to The University of Liverpool to study International Business.
Once again congratulations to all our students on their hard work and success.
At Archbishop Holgate’s School it has not just been Year 13 collecting their results, congratulations and special mention must to 2 of our Year 12 students, Sam Rippon and Ethan Lewis who this year sat their A-Level Maths a year early and both achieved an amazing A* grade. Well Done Sam Rippon and Ethan Lewis. Other notable success stories from Year 12 include:
- Kathryn Bruce – Grade A in English Literature, History, Biology, Psychology and RE
- Benjamin Etty – Grade A in Maths, Further Maths, Politics, History and Geography
- Amy Heels – Grade A in Chemistry, RE, Psychology and Biology
- Ethan Lewis – A-Level Maths Grade A* and AS Level Grade A in Chemistry, Further Maths, Physics and Biology
- Sam Rippon – A-Level Maths Grade A* and AS Level Grade A in Chemistry, Further Maths, Physics and Biology
- Maya French-Adam – Grade A in Geography, History, Politics and a B in English
- Lewis Egdell – Grade A in Maths, Chemistry, Biology and a B in Physics
How to apply:
Contact us today to arrange a meeting to discuss the best courses for you and how you can become a part of our friendly and welcoming community.
Phone: 01904 411341
Tweets by @AHSSixth_Form