The majority of our students expect to go on to study Higher Education. The Sixth Form has an experienced and dedicated team in place to help all our students make the best choices at post-18. Whether your choice is to continue to study at university, further education, apprenticeship or enter the field of work, we offer comprehensive support. The Sixth Form offers a bespoke programme to help students make their choice, offering a variety of different opportunities and guidance depending on intended progression route.
Whilst competition for places at Oxford and Cambridge Universities is fierce, at Archbishop Holgate’s Sixth Form there is a great deal of support in place aimed at making sure that our students have the best chance of securing an offer. The support provided by the school includes:
- Strong links with our associate Oxbridge Colleges
- Attendance to the King’s College Cambridge Talk
- Cambridge University Residential Trip
- Mansfield College Oxford - Interview Workshop
- Summer School application support
- Subject specific workshops for Medicine, Veterinary and Dentistry.
- Intensive early entry application support including personal statement and pre-test guidance
- Opportunities for online courses to assist in developing wider understanding of subject
- Interactive activity based Veterinary and Medical workshops
- Sutton Trust residential opportunity for both staff and student
- Internal and external interview preparation.
Below is a summary of the Year 13 progression routes for the 2014 leavers